Well.... Hi! ^^
It's been, what, over 6 months since I last posted? And I'm very, very sorry! I got out of the habit of writing and then things just kept happening and happening... I'm a terrible person.
But all of that is behind me. Why? Because big things are happening. And I want to keep up to date with people! Well, I want people to be able to stay up to date with me and then I'm going to try and catch up with how everyone else is.
... See what I mean about being out of writing shape? Ugh, I definitely need to fix that. Which is why, starting today, I will be updating this blog every week. If I don't update, I hope some of you will take it upon yourself to harass and bother me until I do. <3
So what has been going on with my life? I'll start with the biggest thing.
Well, as most of you might know, I am still in Korea. Why am I still in Korea if my contract was only for 1 year? Because I love it here. I love teaching. I love the kids I teach. I love the culture. I love most of the food, lol. Oh, and I love my coworkers too. All of this love helped sway me into signing a new 1 year contract with my school.
I'll be back in Georgia for a week this August! I'll be in either Atlanta or Richmond Hill August 2- August 9th!!! Many plans will be made, and I'll keep everyone up to date with that as it gets closer.
Um, another thing is I got my ear pierced! I finally got a cartilage piercing about 6 weeks ago. I had been thinking about getting one since my mom came and visited in December, and finally plucked up the courage when Melinda came and visited in April. I like it ^^
Lastly, I gave up on trying to write. As some of you know, before I left the US I was writing for a website about Kpop. Then, last November, I had the chance to write for an extremely well known kpop website. However, due to time and communication problems, that fell through. I've been offered the opportunity again, but I can't seem to get out of this writing slump I am in. It really makes me sad, since I used to love writing, but I don't know what to do. It's not that I don't love writing anymore, it's just that I am constantly worried about whether anyone will actually want to read what I write. That's one of the reasons it took me so long to come back to my blog. All I could think was "what if no one wants to read what I write?"
But.... I've done it now I guess, lol. I've officially started writing again. So I guess the last one should be "I gave up on writing, but now I'm going to give it a try again". The next step will be trying to write for that website or a magazine that "hired" me as a volunteer. We'll see how this goes...
Anyways, I know this wasn't very informative or funny or anything, but I tried to catch you all up with what has been going on. As you can see? Not much has happened. Still, I'll write every week, whether it's about something that happened, a process I had to go through as an expat, or just venting my feelings.
Hope everyone is doing well! Love and miss you all!!! <3 XOXO
It's been, what, over 6 months since I last posted? And I'm very, very sorry! I got out of the habit of writing and then things just kept happening and happening... I'm a terrible person.
But all of that is behind me. Why? Because big things are happening. And I want to keep up to date with people! Well, I want people to be able to stay up to date with me and then I'm going to try and catch up with how everyone else is.
... See what I mean about being out of writing shape? Ugh, I definitely need to fix that. Which is why, starting today, I will be updating this blog every week. If I don't update, I hope some of you will take it upon yourself to harass and bother me until I do. <3
So what has been going on with my life? I'll start with the biggest thing.
Well, as most of you might know, I am still in Korea. Why am I still in Korea if my contract was only for 1 year? Because I love it here. I love teaching. I love the kids I teach. I love the culture. I love most of the food, lol. Oh, and I love my coworkers too. All of this love helped sway me into signing a new 1 year contract with my school.
Of course, that means it's already been over 1 year since I saw most of my family and friends. And I haven't done a very good job keeping in touch with most of you. For that, I apologize. I haven't forgotten ANY of you! I keep seeing things or thinking of things or hearing things that make me immediately say "Oh, I should call..." or "Ah! I can't wait to show..." It's been a little heartbreaking actually. Which brings me to my second big thing.
I'll be back in Georgia for a week this August! I'll be in either Atlanta or Richmond Hill August 2- August 9th!!! Many plans will be made, and I'll keep everyone up to date with that as it gets closer.
Um, another thing is I got my ear pierced! I finally got a cartilage piercing about 6 weeks ago. I had been thinking about getting one since my mom came and visited in December, and finally plucked up the courage when Melinda came and visited in April. I like it ^^
Lastly, I gave up on trying to write. As some of you know, before I left the US I was writing for a website about Kpop. Then, last November, I had the chance to write for an extremely well known kpop website. However, due to time and communication problems, that fell through. I've been offered the opportunity again, but I can't seem to get out of this writing slump I am in. It really makes me sad, since I used to love writing, but I don't know what to do. It's not that I don't love writing anymore, it's just that I am constantly worried about whether anyone will actually want to read what I write. That's one of the reasons it took me so long to come back to my blog. All I could think was "what if no one wants to read what I write?"
But.... I've done it now I guess, lol. I've officially started writing again. So I guess the last one should be "I gave up on writing, but now I'm going to give it a try again". The next step will be trying to write for that website or a magazine that "hired" me as a volunteer. We'll see how this goes...
Anyways, I know this wasn't very informative or funny or anything, but I tried to catch you all up with what has been going on. As you can see? Not much has happened. Still, I'll write every week, whether it's about something that happened, a process I had to go through as an expat, or just venting my feelings.
Hope everyone is doing well! Love and miss you all!!! <3 XOXO
| A picture of me and one of my Seoul buddies, Raquel, at the beginning of May. She's my best k-pop & concert buddy ^^ |
No comments :
Post a Comment