Friday, August 14, 2015

Back in Korea!

It has been a whirlwind few weeks. After Soo arrived in the US, time seemed to fly and there never seemed to be enough hours in the day. I currently have 1 or 2 blog posts lined up talking about what we did and what we saw, as well as 1 from before he arrived, but I didn't have a chance to actually finish them before now.

So! The plan is to work on those posts and randomly get them uploaded while also posting about my new apartment, new city, new job, and other things I've had on my mind. Looks like I'm going to be busy! Yay!!

I should probably apologize right away, since I am writing this while jet lag is still kicking my butt and I have no idea if it will make sense or not ^^;;

Soo and I started the 24+ hour trip by leaving Melinda's apartment at 7am EST (8pm KST) on Wednesday. After a quick stop at the car rental center of the airport, we were ready to check in and really get started on our trip. The day was saved when Melinda let me borrow a laptop bag, since my backpack was a little overweight for a carryon with my laptop inside of it. Of course, one of my checked bags was also over weight (limit is 50 and mine was 51), but the nice man checking us in didn't say anything and, taking my cue from him, I didn't say anything either. Yay nice people!!

Cuz we all look adorable and sleepy together!
Next up was a nice breakfast at IHOP, aka the first place Soo ate in the US, with Melinda. And before we knew it, it was time to go through security. Both Melinda and I managed to keep it together until we were no longer within eyesight but... it wasn't easy and it wasn't pretty. Luckily, I had the joy of security to deal with after that!
Smiling was tough, not gonna lie, so we settled with a sneaky pic from her and sad duck face from me ^^



Long story short, we got on the flight to Detroit, but not after switching seats because our original seats had been changed (something about having to get a different aircraft so the seat numbers were changed for some people). Also, I was able to check one of my carry-ons, a silver roller suitcase, for free since it was a full flight, and they put a tag on it so it would go all the way to Incheon. In Detroit we had just enough time to eat a quick lunch (Popeyes chicken... not that yummy I am sad to say), before getting on the very big, very full, and very long flight to Korea. Which, by the way, was not uneventful. We had a total of 2 medical problems that required doctors that were luckily on the plane to be brought back to our area. 1 time was a woman who was having breathing problems (she was picked up and taken to the back of the plane and given oxygen and some medicine, but was better within an hour and back in her seat) and the 2nd time was when someone was unable to wake up an older lady 10 rows in front of us. Luckily both were fine and the flight continued like normal.
The first of MANY airport adventures we will have together <3

After we landed, we went through security and got our bags. Soo managed to talk to the phone company and get my phone turned back on too, which was really awesome and made me feel so much better! Then, as soon as we walked through the doors to the waiting area, we were met by the driver hired by the recruiter I used and he loaded us into the car and away we went! 1.5 hours later, we were at my new place!

And... that is where I think I am going to leave you for now. It's around 12:30am here in Korea and I am trying to get my sleep schedule back on point, which means I should pass out soon. I've already taken pictures and started to decorate, so I hope to have that post finished before the weekend is over!

So happy I got to spend so much time in the US, that I got to see so many friends and family members that I had missed, and so happy that Soo got to meet so many people. But I am also happy to be back in Korea in a new apartment with a new job just around the corner!

Lots and lots of love to everyone!

No comments :

Post a Comment