Saturday, April 13, 2013

Decisions and prioritizing and scheduling, oh my!

A little while ago, I bought a ticket to see my second favorite band in concert in NYC: BAP. The concert is on May 17. I hopefully will be leaving the week after that. So here is my problem: do I go to the concert or not?

Here are the options:
1- Go to NYC on Greyhound, May 16 on the 8am bus and arrive at 6am the day of the concert, attend the concert, and then leave on the 1am bus so I get home around 2am the next day (19th). Then I can sleep and drive home on the 19th.

2- Go to NYC on Greyhound, May 16 on the 8am bus and arrive at 6am the day of the concert, attend the concert, and then leave on the 10pm bus and get home by 10pm on the 19th. Then sleep that night and drive home on the 20th.

3- Pay double and fly.

4- Don't go at all and sell my ticket to someone who lives up there.

Now  you may be thinking "Why go at all? Surely you can see them in SK when you go?" Well, yes, but not really. A) I don't know Korean, so while I'd have fun, I wouldn't understand what they were saying and I wouldn't know anyone else there. B) This is really a once in a lifetime opportunity! The venue is tiny (only 2100), so I will be right up close and personal with them.

Ugh, even writing that makes me feel like a horrible person. I spoke with my mom, and she was understandably upset. In the end she said it was my decision, but... I'm so torn. But I sort of have an idea.

I'm thinking that maybe I can get everything packed so when I go down for my sister's, I can take everything with me. Be completely moved out of my apartment? Then I can stay down there with them, make the same trip (just $40 more expensive), and spend the rest of the time with them after the trip! Or I can get most of my stuff done so all I need after the wedding is come back here with a large rental something so I can pack it with my bed and stuff and then drive back so I'll be home for a few days before going up to NYC and I'll be home for a few days after NYC and before going to SK?

... It could work, right?

Yup, definitely a horrible person...

No comments :

Post a Comment