Let me first start my story by saying that I live alone except for 1 cat (technically 2 but the other is with my friend Aditya).
So there I was, brushing my teeth, washing my face, and getting ready for bed. It was already 11:30 and I was exhausted. I walk into my room, sit on the edge of the bed, look towards my pillow and WHAM! A HUGE bee/ yellow jacket was on my headboard. I, of course, freaked out.
Why? Well I have a slight allergy to stings. Not enough that I'm 'allergic', but enough that I take a long time to recover. Not fun. So due to this, I maybe sort of kind of have a teeny tiny itty bitty phobia of anything that flies and has a stinger.
Now you might be thinking "Hey, don't you have a cat? Don't cats like to eat bugs?" Sadly, no. In fact, here is a picture to show you exactly what Kitty did during most of my adventure/freak out trip:
Thanks Kitty!
Well, at this point I didn't know what to do. It was just strolling from one side of the headboard to the other. Back and forth, and I? I was almost crying. So I did what any girl who lives alone would do- I called my best guy friend: Aditya.
20 minutes and MANY tears later, I now am covered from head to toe, the bee has moved from the headboard onto my mattress, I have my earpiece in so I can listen to Aditya while holding onto a flipflop in one hand and a can of raid in the other. I somehow couldn't keep back all of the tears and screaming and freaking out, but I was moving in the right direction now!
A lot of encouraging and sweet things were said before I finally had to repeat to myself in my head "If he could fly, he would've done it by now... He cannot jump and sting you and he absolutely cannot fly at you. He cannot jump and he cannot fly." With one, no two, no... a couple whaps and squashes with the flip flop, the bee was finally so incapacitated I felt comfortable going into the kitchen, grabbing some cleaning gloves, and grabbing some toilet paper so I could pick it up and run to the bathroom to drop it in the toilet.
I'm sorry that your life had to end in such a way. I feel horrible that I couldn't just let you go but... You terrify me.
And there you have my latest big adventure. Which is why I am sitting down with a beer, typing this up while I try and calm myself down enough that I can fall asleep watching a disney movie. Being an adult living alone is FUN!
<3
So there I was, brushing my teeth, washing my face, and getting ready for bed. It was already 11:30 and I was exhausted. I walk into my room, sit on the edge of the bed, look towards my pillow and WHAM! A HUGE bee/ yellow jacket was on my headboard. I, of course, freaked out.
Why? Well I have a slight allergy to stings. Not enough that I'm 'allergic', but enough that I take a long time to recover. Not fun. So due to this, I maybe sort of kind of have a teeny tiny itty bitty phobia of anything that flies and has a stinger.
Now you might be thinking "Hey, don't you have a cat? Don't cats like to eat bugs?" Sadly, no. In fact, here is a picture to show you exactly what Kitty did during most of my adventure/freak out trip:
Well, at this point I didn't know what to do. It was just strolling from one side of the headboard to the other. Back and forth, and I? I was almost crying. So I did what any girl who lives alone would do- I called my best guy friend: Aditya.
20 minutes and MANY tears later, I now am covered from head to toe, the bee has moved from the headboard onto my mattress, I have my earpiece in so I can listen to Aditya while holding onto a flipflop in one hand and a can of raid in the other. I somehow couldn't keep back all of the tears and screaming and freaking out, but I was moving in the right direction now!
A lot of encouraging and sweet things were said before I finally had to repeat to myself in my head "If he could fly, he would've done it by now... He cannot jump and sting you and he absolutely cannot fly at you. He cannot jump and he cannot fly." With one, no two, no... a couple whaps and squashes with the flip flop, the bee was finally so incapacitated I felt comfortable going into the kitchen, grabbing some cleaning gloves, and grabbing some toilet paper so I could pick it up and run to the bathroom to drop it in the toilet.
I'm sorry that your life had to end in such a way. I feel horrible that I couldn't just let you go but... You terrify me.
And there you have my latest big adventure. Which is why I am sitting down with a beer, typing this up while I try and calm myself down enough that I can fall asleep watching a disney movie. Being an adult living alone is FUN!
<3
.jpg)
No comments :
Post a Comment