Monday, April 29, 2013

That moment

Yeah, you know the one. Where you go "Oh wow, this is really happening. I can't believe this is really happening!"? Well, I just got hit with it. And hard.

Yesterday one of my bffs helped me clean my second bedroom and we, once again, took about a ton of trash and got a big pile going to Goodwill later this week. And then we went to dinner which was absolutely amazing. I honestly was surprised when so many of my friends showed up! Thank you all for showing up and having some good bye sushi and pushing me to try the sushi pizza.

Side note: RuSan's sushi pizza- a WHOLE lot better than I expected. I meant to take a picture, but I forgot and by the time I remembered, it was all gone.

But I am so, so happy and grateful that all of you showed up even though the set up didn't let us talk that much. Just the fact you were there made me teary eyed.
My wonderful friends ^_^ I'm at the other table with even more friends!
And then last night, I was plagued by nightmares. If they were connected to my moving plans, maybe I could understand them, but they weren't. Well, maybe one of them was. I was in an apartment and apparently there was a gunman loose but I couldn't understand what was going on because everyone was speaking a language I didn't understand. But the others? One was about a ghost that killed adults and made children think it was a video game character and the other was about being with the marching band and having a tornado come after us before I broke into a house and fifteen of us managed to hide under a table. Weird huh?

Because of said nightmares, there is a chance I am a tiny bit more emotionally unstable than usual. So when things kinda hit the fan this morning, I was less than happy. I kept realizing things, like this was the last time I was going to take Kitty to the vet, or the last time I'd see Dr. E for awhile, etc. etc. I spent a majority of the day close to tears, and boy, it was not fun.

Finally, after a huge meal and a long, long, LONG nap, I'm relatively back to normal. But I can't get that nagging feeling out of my head that I've only got a week left. I'm so happy and so excited to have this opportunity, but I'm realizing just how much I'm going to miss everything and everyone. I have a feeling there will be a lot of soju and hopefully socializing during my first few weeks over seas.

No comments :

Post a Comment