So after a total of what... 3 months? 4 months? Meh, let's just say awhile... After awhile, I have decided to restart this blog/vlog thing. Why? Because I have now officially accepted a position to go teach English in South Korea for a year! Starting in late May (I hope), I'll be in Daegu teaching. I am actually EXTREMELY excited about this, but if you've seen me in real life, you might have your doubts.
Things over there seem difficult for us looking in, which is causing problems. Some of my friends and family are confused about why I'm going now. Why can't this wait a month? Or a year? Or why can't I just go to a different country? And truthfully, it's because teaching in South Korea is something I've wanted to do for over a year now. Hell, teaching English overseas is something I've thought about doing since I got to college in August of 2005!
So this isn't really a new thing for me. I put it out of my head until October of last year, and now? Every single time a doubt enters my head, something pops up to pull me back in, whether it is getting something back so I can move on to the next step, finally having my resume sent out, getting an interview, to finally getting a contract.
But if I could do it all over again? I'd go for Japan. Why? Because then my family and friends wouldn't be freaking out. Yes, they are trying to support me and I love all of them to death, but having them bring up what is going on Every Single TIME I talk to them on the phone just wears on me. So why now? Why South Korea? Because when I started the process, South Korea was a better option than Japan. Now? Not so much. But this it happening. I've signed the contract. There is no going back in my mind. So I understand the concerns, and I'm not ignoring them, but the train is moving, and standing in front of it isn't going to make it stop.
Right now I'm getting ready for work and pulling together everything I need. Today is the day that I send all of my documents over to South Korea! The process of getting up to here was... whew... long and expensive. But I'll detail that in another post. For now, just keep your fingers crossed and pray for stability over there and I'll keep you all updated!
<3
Things over there seem difficult for us looking in, which is causing problems. Some of my friends and family are confused about why I'm going now. Why can't this wait a month? Or a year? Or why can't I just go to a different country? And truthfully, it's because teaching in South Korea is something I've wanted to do for over a year now. Hell, teaching English overseas is something I've thought about doing since I got to college in August of 2005!
So this isn't really a new thing for me. I put it out of my head until October of last year, and now? Every single time a doubt enters my head, something pops up to pull me back in, whether it is getting something back so I can move on to the next step, finally having my resume sent out, getting an interview, to finally getting a contract.
But if I could do it all over again? I'd go for Japan. Why? Because then my family and friends wouldn't be freaking out. Yes, they are trying to support me and I love all of them to death, but having them bring up what is going on Every Single TIME I talk to them on the phone just wears on me. So why now? Why South Korea? Because when I started the process, South Korea was a better option than Japan. Now? Not so much. But this it happening. I've signed the contract. There is no going back in my mind. So I understand the concerns, and I'm not ignoring them, but the train is moving, and standing in front of it isn't going to make it stop.
Right now I'm getting ready for work and pulling together everything I need. Today is the day that I send all of my documents over to South Korea! The process of getting up to here was... whew... long and expensive. But I'll detail that in another post. For now, just keep your fingers crossed and pray for stability over there and I'll keep you all updated!
<3
No comments :
Post a Comment