... and I'm a little bit terrified.
So this week I went on a little trip to downtown Atlanta. While there, I visited... The South Korean Consulate!!!
So this week I went on a little trip to downtown Atlanta. While there, I visited... The South Korean Consulate!!!
Doesn't it look kinda awesome? I felt all official walking in there!
Anyways, I dropped off all of my paperwork and went about my day. I packed, cleaned a little, and rested. I shouldn't have been worried and yet... I was.
Just today at work I was talking to a coworker and said "I will only feel like this whole thing is real when I have my visa and itinerary in hand." About an hour later I called the consulate and found out: Yes! My visa was ready for me to pick up! Since I had no work left to do at work an the PTO to use, so I talked to my boss and took the rest of the day off. 40 minutes later, guess what I had!
My E-2 visa! I fuzzed out all the important bits.
And when I saw it, I noticed two things. 1) I have a 13 month visa meaning I don't have to worry about leaving exactly on May 25 of next year. 2) My visa type? A multiple entry visa. That means I can travel to other countries while I'm there! I totally see a trip or two to Japan on weekends in my future. Exciting? Yes.
This was at around 3:30pm. I got home and checked my email to find... An itinerary. For my flight. To South Korea. ... What?! (Like I mentioned before, every time I started feeling a little concerned about this trip, something would happen to reassure me and draw me back in.) So now I just have to talk with the travel agent and assure them that I have my visa in place, and wham! Ready!
Officially I can say I will be leaving Atlanta May 7th and leaving Savannah the morning of May 23rd. I have less than 2 weeks to sell my furniture and car, pack up my apartment, and cut down my clothing/ make-up and stuff until it fits into just 2 suitcases. Oy vey... Things are certainly moving fast!

No comments :
Post a Comment